Monday, August 18, 2014

Want a luxurious comfy quilt???

I thought I would share a little something with you that has come back into my world. Years ago I made a quilt for a friend who said she wanted her quilt to have a very soft backing. I went to Susan at Gathering Fabrics to try and solve this without having the playful minky. Susan had just the thing. We used Fireside by Moda. I loved it so much I created a laptop for myself.

Why am I talking about this now? While in the middle of making two t-shirt quilts for my nieces. There mother came over to help me cut fabric. She sat back in a chair and grabbed my lap quilt and instantly fell in the love with the backing. So we have changed one of the quilts to include this Fireside fabric. Let me tell you it is luxurious and 60" wide! Thank goodness Susan still carries this lovely fabric.

Things to know, much like minky it has a lot of give one way and not the other so you have to be mindful. Also when loading it on the longarm machine you want to ensure you know which way this backing will stretch. But the two quilts that I have created (quilted by Laurie Gustafson) absolutely showcase the quilting work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment